While I was waiting for my kit to come in I began compiling the tools needed for quadcopter build. Most of the stuff I got from Home Depot and various hardware stores. I also purchased some things off amazon which I have linked below. Some of you may already have some of the tools needed but I would make sure you have what you need before attempting the build.
Tools needed for Quadcopter Build
- Solder iron ($39.80 on Amazon) This solder iron has great reviews on Amazon I highly recommend it.
- Helping Hands A Must have makes soldering wires together way easier! You can use this for tinning wires, soldering wires together etc.
- Solder– alot of people suggest Rosin Core 60/40 lead I used this for tinning and a lead free silver bearing for soldering the board leads.
- Flux paste
- Heat Gun or Lighter for Heat shrinking
- Blue Loctite for motors and frame
- Liquid Electrical tape (optional)- Used to coat certain things to make water proof( alot of people coat the camera and PDB)
- Wire cutters
- Wire strippers
- Various pliers
- Allen wrench set
- Small screw drivers
- Multimeter (optional)
If you are new to soldering check out some tips and tricks online first. I’m not going to get into too much detail on how to solder but always make sure you’re taking the proper safety precautions.