Reversing Motor Rotation BL Heli and Cleanflight/betaflight
Well as much as I thought I had the wiring configuration down for the CW and CCW motors I didn’t. I ended up with my motors being reversed. Motor location was correct but the rotation was reversed.
Short of just switching the 2 wires on each motor and resoldering I wanted to see if it could be resolved in the programming. With some help from the ZMR250 Facebook group I figured out as long as the ESC has BL Heli flashed you can reverse motor rotation within the BL Heli Suite. 1
If you are using the same zmr250 build kit as I am with the Littlebee ESCs than they come preflashed with BL Heli. If you are using different ESCs check with where you purchased the ESC to see what is flashed on them. If your ESC do not have BL Heli flashed then do some research on flashing BL Heli to your ESCs.
- Download BL Heli Suite
- Plug your quad into your computer. With Cleanflight open but not connected as BL Heli needs to connect to the board.
- Open BL Heli Suite> Go to Select ATMEL / SILABS Interface Tab> Select SILABS BLHeli Bootloader (Cleanflight)
- Next make sure you are on port COM 3 and Connect to the board
- Now click “Read Setup” It will then connect to your ESCs
- With #1 selected you can go to motor direction and move the slider to the center which is “Reversed”. Click “Write Setup” to save the settings. Depending if you need to reverse all motors you can go into each ESC by Right clicking each ESC number. Make sure you Write Setup for each ESC.
- Test in Cleanflight to make sure motor rotations are correct.
Here is a helpful Youtube video that I watched on reversing motor direction in BLheli with cleanflight.